1. Do you do free estimates?
Yes, we do. Our first walk through and bid is free.
2. Do you do design work?
Yes we do. Designs are fully measured out and blueprinted. Designs are complementary with a signed contract for installation.
3. How much do you charge per hour?
Each job is unique, and pricing reflects each separate set of circumstances.
4. Do you do irrigation repairs?
Yes we do. We charge on a hourly basis for irrigation repairs. Pricing available by request.
5. What size jobs do you do?
We do all sizes of jobs, from modest residential projects to large commercial projects.
6. What is your position on organics? Do you do eco-friendly “Green” projects?
Our philosophy is to minimize our carbon footprint while staying as “green” as possible. We are happy to work with organic fertilizers and other “green” solutions.
7. Can you control pests with “green” products?
Yes, but without pesticides, it is not possible to guarantee that they will stay gone.
8. Do you specialize in drought tolerant landscapes?
Yes. We have many years of experience working with drought tolerant plant material.
9. Does your crew speak English?
Yes. Each crew has at least one fully bilingual team member.
10. How soon can you start?
We will begin our process as soon as we receive your contract and down payment. Our schedule for start dates fluctuates, but we always begin jobs in a timely manner and we feel that communication regarding starting dates is key to a harmonious business relationship.
11. Are you fully licensed?
Yes. We carry a C27 California landscape contractor’s license.
12. Are you fully insured?
Yes. We carry Worker’s Compensation and liability insurance. These insurances protect both client and contractor and are required by the state. Insurance certificates are available on request.
13. Are you bonded?
14. How long have you been in business?
We have been in business in Santa Barbara since 1970.
15. Will there be onsite supervision?
Yes. We supervised our construction jobs daily, and each maintenance job is supervised daily by a crew leader or supervisor and periodically by our business owner.
16. Do you belong to the Better Business Bureau?
Yes. We are gold members with an A+ rating.
17. Are you a member of the California Landscape Contractors Association (CLCA)
Yes. We have been active in this community for many years.
18. What kind of guarantee do you offer on plant material and irrigation?
We guarantee plants for six months and irrigation for one year. This guarantee does not, however, cover neglect or acts of God.
19. Do you provide maintenance service after the installation of a landscape?
Yes, we are happy to design a weekly maintenance program. Pricing for this separate service can be negotiated during or after the installation process.
20. Is all of your work to code?
Yes, and if necessary we have permits pulled and inspections by Santa Barbara City or County authorities scheduled for you.