Water-Saving Sprinklers and Irrigation in Santa Barbara
Water efficient Sprinkler and irrigation systems are an easy and cost-effective way to maintain the beauty of your home, increase its value, and save yourself time and money.
Schedule a meeting with us to discuss your sprinkler and irrigation needs in Santa Barbara, Ventura, Santa Ynez, Oxnard, Ventura or Ojai.
Over the years, Santa Barbara has experienced severe drought that has prompted strict restrictions on outdoor water usage. The newest water-wise sprinkler and irrigation technology focuses on saving water and while adequately watering the plants.
We install only the most advanced water efficient sprinkler systems. These irrigation systems are engineered to provide the right amount of water to help you eliminate waste through excess runoff while making sure your landscaping gets the water it needs to stay healthy. We will help you conform to local water conservation regulations. We also can retrofit old sprinkler systems too!
Sprinker Installation and Maintenance
We also will maintain your sprinkler systems, adjusting them throughout the year as the weather mandates. We repair damaged plastic pipes, replacing worn out parts and changing locations of watering heads and risers as gardens mature.
Upgrading to an automatic sprinkler system should be considered like any other home improvement project. Not only will it help maintain a healthy beautiful landscape, which you can enjoy with your friends and family, but also it’s the most convenient and water efficient way to ensure your landscape gets the water it needs without over-or under-watering.
Keep in mind, however, that there is more to a water efficient sprinkler system than just automated sprinklers. System design, technology used and installation are critical factors that will affect your system’s performance and longevity.
Water Conservation and Irrigation Tips
- Automate your sprinkler system.
- Add an electronic controller or timer to water your landscape at the precise time you want for maximum benefits. Multiple-program controllers can accommodate several planted zones and time schedules. Your irrigation system will work most efficiently if plants have been grouped according to their water requirements. Adjust timers for seasonal conditions.
- Use low-volume, matched-precipitation sprinkler heads. Low-volume sprinklers reduce evaporation due to wind, and slow the water’s delivery rate allowing the soil more time to absorb the water. Matched-precipitation sprinkler heads provide the most even coverage.
- Check your sprinkler system for leaks. A leaky system wastes a lot of water fast. Look for these signs of trouble: broken or clogged sprinkler heads; muddy spots in the soil or lawn; lowest sprinkler leaks constantly (valve problem); valve box filled with water; water meter always running.
- Install a drip irrigation system for gardens, shrubs, trees, and planters. This flexible, low-volume, low-pressure watering system uses plastic pipes and emitters and applies moisture only where it is needed, at the plant root zone. A drip system typically uses 40 to 60 percent less water than conventional methods.
- For best results, water when there is no wind and the weather is cool, usually between the hours of 2 a.m. and 8 a.m. Evaluate the rate at which the soil absorbs water to determine the best way to water and minimize runoff.
- Install a rain shutoff device to override the sprinkler system when it rains. The controller will resume watering when rainwater collected in a special pan has evaporated.
- Use an automatic moisture sensor to determine when your lawn needs watering. An automatic sensor will trigger sprinkler operation only when soil moisture falls below a certain level.
Creating healthy and beautiful landscapes is our top priority. We promise to create for you a gorgeous outdoor living space where you’ll be proud to entertain friends or just relax with family.
And you can have the peace of mind knowing that we’re bonded, licensed and insured to protect the safety of our staff and clients.
Down to Earth Landscapes Inc. is located in Santa Barbara, Ca 93101 and for over 40 years has earned a fine reputation for installing and maintaining water efficient sprinklers and landscape irrigation. We pride ourselves on creating unique outdoor living environments. Our clients are in Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties and the communities of Montecito, Santa Ynez, Ojai and Oxnard.