There is more to plant selection and planting than meets the eye. Our staff has an extensive knowledge of the following sciences:
- Agronomy (the study of soils)
- Horticulture (the study of plants)
- Chemistry geology and
Knowledge is these areas are necessary if one is to install a healthy and enduring landscape. Schedule a meeting with us to discuss your Plants, trees and shrub selection and planting needs in Santa Barbara, Ventura, Santa Ynez, Oxnard, Ventura or Ojai.
A well-designed landscape is awe inspiring. It can provide a sense of calm and a sense of balance. A beautiful landscape will improve the curb appeal of your home and motivate other people in your neighborhood to also turn their own yards into beautiful landscapes. Landscaping and gardening are also ideal outlets for your own creativity.
Once your professionally designed and installed landscape is completed you can enjoy tending the garden and adding your own individual touches. Nature gives you a large palette of colors, textures, shapes and scents to choose from.
The Art of Plant Selection and Successful Landscaping
Planting is itself an art and a science, one whose nuances are often neglected in favor of price and expedience. If drainage, irrigation and hardscapes are the foundation of a fantastic landscape, planting can be likened to interior design.
The plants selected for your landscape can fill the senses like a sumptuous meal on a buffet table. Plantings can be put together in incalculable ways that create the emotional impacting environment the owner wishes to create.
We specializes in:
- Planning the perfect backyard, including ideas for layouts, design styles, outdoor rooms, patios, water features and hardscaping
- Ways to boost the curb appeal of your front yard, including design ideas for driveways, sidewalks, front porches and courtyard gardens
- Designing the perfect patio, with advice on sizing and placement, materials, patio styles, and patio layouts
- Design ideas, planning tips and appliance options for outdoor kitchens
- The most popular garden styles and themes, including modern, traditional, country, Mediterranean, tropical and desert
- Ideas for regional landscape designs suitable to Santa Barbara microclimates
- Solutions for solving typical yard and landscape challenges
- Advice on planting bountiful vegetable and container gardens
- Ways to simplify your landscaping plan by choosing hardy low-maintenance plants, sticking with basic materials, minimizing complex details, and choosing straightforward uncomplicated layouts
- The latest landscaping trends, including meadow gardens with native plantings, growing your own food, going lawn-free, landscaping as an art form, and planting gardens that attract butterflies, birds and bees
Creating healthy and beautiful landscapes is top priority. We promise to create for you a gorgeous outdoor living space you’ll be proud to entertain friends or just relax with family.
And you can have the peace of mind knowing that we’re bonded, licensed and insured to protect the safety of our staff and clients.
Down to Earth Landscapes Inc. is located in Santa Barbara, Ca 93101 and for over 40 years has earned a fine reputation for their expertise in plant selection and proper planting. We pride ourselves on creating unique outdoor living environments. Our clients are in Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties and the communities of Montecito, Santa Ynez, Ojai and Oxnard.